Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for ensuring the highest quality food is served at all times. The Line Cook handles all aspects of their assigned cooking station – sets up, stock product, cook, and presents dishes according to recipes, cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food preparation and safety
- Basic cooking skills including knife handling
- Basic math skills for adapting recipe quantities as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.