Front Office & Guest Services
In addition to performing all the essential duties and responsibilities of the Valet Attendant, the Valet Captain supervises the Valet Attendants to ensure an efficient and profitable operation by performing the following duties personally or through delegating of tasks. The Valet Captain is to perform his/her duties in a positive, and professional manner. The Valet Captain is expected to lead by example, and to be instrumental in creating a caring, empathetic and pleasant ambiance at all areas staffed by the staff of the Guest Services department. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcomes and greets all guests in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner, using the guests’ name when possible.
- Arranges for prompt parking and retrieving of vehicles of arriving and departing guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Opens vehicle doors, assists guests egressing their vehicles, and helps guests with luggage.
- Works closely with other valet attendants to ensure all guests are welcomed and greeted.
- Provides accurately filled out claim checks when receiving keys and explains to the guest how to re-claim their vehicle.
- Parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner in and from designated parking areas.
- Provides accurate and timely information to management regarding any damage to guests’ or company vehicles.
- Ensures that the drive is never blocked, requesting assistance from Security if needed.
- The ability to operate a variety of different vehicles in a safe and capable manner.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the valet attendant is regularly required to run/jog, stand, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk, run, stoop, and kneel.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid PA State issued Driver’s License
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong people skills, ability to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.