Room Service Server
Food and Beverage
Responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day’s business. Stock work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Check VIP list, and communicate orders to the kitchen and the next room service shift.
- Set trays and tables according to established standards.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Retrieve trays on a timely basis.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and communicate with Manager/Captain/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side work checklist.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and up-sell items to guests.
- Assist order taker in the answering of the telephone while maintaining the established standards.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest’s complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe and/or RAMP certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant or hotel preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Possess basic computer and POS system abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.