TERRAIN PARK MANAGER
There is no better way to spend your winter than by using your experience and passion to build, maintain, and manage Camelback Mountain's Terrain Park!
Job Summary: In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission, and organizational values and under the direction of the Director of Mountain Operations, the Terrain Park Manager will supervise the Terrain Park staff as well as all Terrain Park activities in an effort to assure the proper maintenance and operations of Camelback Mountain Resort’s Terrain Park.
1. Manage the day to day operations of the Terrain Park.
2. Design and maintain the Terrain Park (includes maintenance and repairs of rails and features) while working closely with the Snowmaking and Grooming departments and the Freestyle Team to create the best Terrain Park experience for our Guests.
3. Maintain inventory of supplies and parts required according to par levels.
4. Recommend ordering of supplies and parts as needed.
5. Work closely with Marketing Department to ensure all Terrain Park events run smoothly and professionally.
6. Complete job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
7. Assists the Director, Camelback Mountain Adventures in all other Terrain Park functions as required.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Ability to work and get along well with others required.
· Strong customer service background required.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) preferred.
· Knowledge of Risk Management and OSHA standards preferred.
· Knowledge of proper construction and layout of features and rails required.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Knowledge of snowmaking techniques, welding and fabrication, and operation of a Snowcat preferred.
Generally Accountable For:
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Mountain Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Complying with all departmental and Company safety standards.
· Adhering to the daily Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Using PPE as required and ensuring staff is using the proper PPE when performing work.
· Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the resort.
· Assisting in benchmarking the competition and identifying the latest trends impacting Terrain Parks.
· Actively supports all Company initiatives.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain Resort team.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather conditions should be expected as work will, on most occasions, occur outdoors.
· Working around and with heavy equipment is to be expected.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as a flexible work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule will require a work period greater than 40 hours per week including late or overnight shifts.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Mountain Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.