Aquatics Park Services Supervisor
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
JOB SUMMARY: The section supervisor, park services, will be responsible for the park services of the water park. They will be tasked with assistance in ordering of supplies, supervision of park services staff, scheduling for the park service attendants, working alongside the team in the accomplishment of daily cleaning, and ensuring quality assurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Responsible for leading the park services team in the daily cleaning procedures of Aquatopia
• Assist with schedules for staff based on occupancy and guest attendance to meet standards of cleanliness.
• Oversees staff member performance motivating and guiding team members
• Ensures departmental coverage by managing team lead(s) during time off
• Assist with ordering of supplies and maintains proper order levels avoiding last minute purchases
• Attends departmental staff meeting, daily operational meeting, and any other meetings as assigned
• Trains team members on cleaning practices, department manuals, and proper application
• Implements strategic cleaning plans for power washing and other tasks as assigned.
• Practices management by walking around to ensure proper procedural practices and service guideline compliance in all aspects of the operation
• Work to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members
• Responsible for making sure all guests using the park are wearing the proper wristband. Able to address guests, in an appropriate manner, who are not wearing the proper wristband.
• Monitors and tracks departmental staff hours to ensure payroll is correct.
• Direct and coordinate various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
• Maintain effective pool towel program while keeping inventory in check.
• Assists with the plan and schedule for up to 40 park services associates using WhenToWork online scheduling system working within budget and occupancy.
• Assists with the hiring process within aquatics ensuring department specific proper training and documentation on each employee
• Assists with Waterpark Manager on Duty Program as necessary.
• Monitors and inventories tubes for park and orders as necessary.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
Manages and directly supervises subordinate supervisors and large number of associates in the Aquatic Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have previous park services/housekeeping experience. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating procedures/instructions. Proficiency in English language is required in order to effectively communicate with guests/associates. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and other documents, as needed. Can effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and guests at all levels.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current Ellis and Associates Instructor License Preferred, but not required. Current CPO License Preferred, but not required.
REASONING ABILITY: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The
employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk
and stoop, kneel, crouch. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS: PPE as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of all associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.