Director of Culinary
Food and Beverage
As a key leader within the organization, he/she is expected to be a collaborative, results- oriented leader that fosters a culture of mutual respect. He/ she will be responsible for establishing and measuring performance metrics for their department(s).
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver a high guest experience as tracked though net promoter scores.
- Manage expenses (food, labor, other expenses) to budgeted/ forecasted margins.
- Develop and implement ongoing training.
- Continually reinforce the 4 keys of customer service – warmth, personalization, awareness and proactivity.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Collaborate with VP of F&B and F&B managers on the development of new menus.
- Establish and maintain recipes, portion sizes and costs for all menu items.
- Evolve culinary programming to stay relevant with local and national food trends.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures and Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) standards.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
- Compute daily food cost.
- Develop proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
- Understand daily forecasts (revenue and labor) and customer counts.
- Coordinate all par stock levels.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
- Create menus for prospective clients.
- Review and approve weekly payroll, ensure it meets budgeted standards.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A culinary degree
- 5 -10 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- F&B preparation techniques
- Recipe development
- Financial document analysis- P&L, Forecasts, Labor Models
- Health department rules and regulations, ServSafe Certified (proctor preferred)
- State liquor laws and regulations, RAMP certification preferred.
As a Camelback Resort employee, you are entitled to incredible perks such as:
Free Camelbeach & Aquatopia tickets, discounts for family & friends and free access to over 15 area amusement parks and attractions, not to mention, generous employee benefits depending on your employment status to include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, vacation time, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k and much more!
Candidates who are looking for steady work, enjoy these activities in addition can withstand the outdoor elements are encouraged to apply.
Click Apply Now to be contacted by a recruiter!
Camelback Resort is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free employer.
Job Type: Full-time