Work Where You Play! Camelback Resort, the Northeast’s premieradventure resort, has a Systems Engineer opening!
As a Talent Based Organization, Camelback Resort recruits, hires,trains and retains top talent through our 4 Keys to Creating Guests for Life.Come be a part of a dynamic team and Work Where You Play!
As the Systems Engineer you will be providing outstanding support for all Information Technology hardware and software systems used at Camelback Resort and Improving the existing operations used by our company, employees and guests, through innovative ideas and suggestions using various technologies.
· Function as Tier 2 support for all technology projects and issues.
· Install, configure and support VMWare Virtual Environment.
· Manage various SAN and NAS storage systems.
· Analyze and troubleshoot software applications.
· Help support Cisco switch architecture and configuration.
· Configure, Manage, and Monitor all backups.
· Work with software and solutions providers, when necessary, to optimize application performance.
· Mentor other Information Technology staff to support the Company’s software applications.
· Use innovative IT solutions to correlate with the needs and direction of our company.
· Assist in maintaining all support aspects of Property Management System (PMS), Ticketing POS, Food & Beverage and Retail POS, eCommerce, CCTV systems, music systems, wireless infrastructure, and many other technology and operational systems.
· Use daily and seasonal checklists to maintain systems and install seasonal equipment locations.
· Maintain help desk ticket system.
· Support and maintain all Microsoft software, including Windows Virtual Servers, Office 365, off-site web servers, RDS server and network monitoring tools.
· Work in a 24x7 environment with on-call shifts
· Support telecommunications software applications including web chat and call center monitoring.
· Manage data backup systems and recovery strategies.
· Provide support for all guests and users via methods including over the phone, chat, email, ticketing system, and in-person.
· Ensure seamless software deployment and operational stability for all users and perform necessary maintenance as needed.
· Support and maintain SQL Servers.
· Monitor and help maintain all VPN and Firewall connections.
· Work with all departments to develop better ways that IT can support our business needs and assist in the development and implementation of a plan.
· Support and maintain network and end-user computer requirements.
· Maintain detailed documentation of procedures, SOP’s and policies pertaining to LAN/WAN structures, IT usage policy, process instructions, network map, computer inventory, PCI and other regulatory requirements, and hardware and wiring diagrams.
· Attend training to stay current on new technology and improvements.
· Adhere to critical timelines to complete tasks and prevent downtime or loss of revenue.
· Ability to multi-task on several projects at once.
· Manage technology projects
· Problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Able to work well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Valid driver’s license; Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Understanding and Experience with firewall/router configuration, VMWare, VPN, VLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, AD, ASP.net, Microsoft server software and other applications.
· Cisco switching experience. CCNA preferred.
· Well-rounded knowledge of all aspects related to Information Technology and emerging technologies.
· Hospitality Systems experience preferred, but not required.
· College degree and/or advanced studies in the field of IT networking, security or programming.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
· A minimum of 2 or more years’ experience managing systems and networks in a corporate environment.
Physical Job Requirements
· This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) all of the time.
· The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) heavy objects
· This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists
· This position requires the ability to view computer monitors for long periods of time
· The person in this position must be able to identify and distinguish between colors
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental dress code and safety standards.
· Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhering to daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability are required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
As a Camelback Resort employee, you are entitled to incredible perks such as:
Free Camelbeach & Aquatopia tickets, discounts for family & friends and free access to over 15 area amusement parks and attractions, not to mention, generous employee benefits depending on your employment status to include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, vacation time, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k and much more!
Camelback Resort is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free employer.