First Aid and Ski Patrol Supervisor
Job Title: Risk, First Aid and Ski Patrol Supervisor
Department: Risk and Safety
Reports to: Director of First Aid and Ski Patrol
Supervises the day-to-day provision of first aid and emergency medical care to ensure all Camelback Mountain Resort guests and employees (to include guests of Winter Sports, Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark, Camelback Lodge, Snowtubing, Mountain Adventures, and Camelbeach Outdoor Waterpark) receive the highest levels of service.
- Supervises and provides pre-hospital care and transportation to injured or ill guests and employees on resort property. Ensures all care is appropriately documented in Camelback’s system of record (1Risk).
- Supervises and schedules staff to ensure compliance with local, state, and national protocols and procedures. Leads and develops new and returning staff for continued success of the Ski Patrol/First Aid team.
- Assists with training in medical rescue, lift evacuation, technical rescue, night search, trail work, safety, and guest service.
- Submits input to budget to ensure appropriate medical and training supplies are on hand. Monitors and inventories medical supply levels at 4 First Aid locations throughout the Resort.· Trains and evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Review 1Risk reports daily to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Work with all other Departments which includes but is not limited to: Mountain Operations, Base Operations, Snowmaking, Food and Beverage, Ski School, Race Department, Aquatics, Marketing and Events, and Human Resources, to maintain efficient operations. Assist with follow through on all HR and employee relations matters. Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Must be certified as an Outdoor Emergency Care Technician. Higher level certification (such as Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic a plus)
- Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Must have 3 years experience as a Ski Patroller.
- Understanding of accident investigation procedures and reporting
- Able to work weekends and holidays as required
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.