Assistant Manager of Retail
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Manager of Retail for Camelback Lodge is responsible for supporting and ensuring Retail & FEC associate’s commitment and ability to provide outstanding guest service through training and example. This position will focus on generating sales, visual merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. The Assistant Manager of Retail reports directly to the Director of Retail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
1. Responsible for visual merchandising of retail shops and arcade redemption counters.
2. Develop and execute in store promotions and advertising for retail shops.
3. Assist the Director of Retail with product development and buying.
4. Develop motivational programs for hourly associates, including evaluation programs & daily feedback programs.
5. Oversee all cash handling of the Retail Division including working closely with the Finance department to monitor and resolve any cash discrepancies related to the Retail Division.
6. Uphold all safety requirements for the Family Entertainment Center attractions.
7. Assist the Retail Manager & Attractions Manager with monthly, quarterly & yearly inventories.
8. Provide month end commentary on the profitability performance in the areas of responsibility.
9. Act as lodge MOD as needed.
10. In the absence of the Director of Retail, act on their behalf to oversee the Retail Division.
11. Develop personal skills and capabilities and support those of associates.
12. All other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Shows leadership abilities and qualities.
• Detail oriented, able to multi-task.
• Proficient in basic math skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate with people at all levels.
• Proficient in time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
• Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, night and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or three to five years of experience in retail, theme park or customer service; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two years supervisory experience required.