Responsible for receiving and/or issuing food, beverages, supplies, and operating equipment in accordance with established Highgate Hotel’s policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that all products and services received are consistent with hotel quality standards and communicate all omissions and deviations to appropriate management. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain par on beer, wine, liquor, and other inventory items as required, and notify supervisor on deviations from the standard.
- Notify ordering department when goods and/or services are received.
- Receive food, beer, wine, liquor and operational supplies according to schedule. Inspect for proper specifications (quantity and quality). Inspect wines for correct vintner and vintage. Ensure that all items received are in good condition and refuse damaged goods or goods that do not have proper documentation.
- Solicit assistance from chef or designee as required, in quality determinations.
- Secure goods in appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain an efficient and timely filing system.
- Date all items as required. Rotate stock of all food items on a “first in, first out” basis.
- Fill out all required departments requisitions as appropriate.
- Handle incoming and outgoing packages according to company standards.
- Process delivery receipts and invoices and forward to Accounting on a daily basis.
- Reconcile purchase orders and receiving documentation with Accounting on a weekly basis.
- Maintain daily receiving logs for all products and services received.
- Check pricing, discounts, extensions and totals on invoices, where applicable. Compare quantities to receiving documents. Investigate and rectify discrepancies.
- Maintain efficient security and control on all storage areas, where applicable.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Clean storeroom, receiving dock and work area as needed.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
This job operates in a hotel environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Able to withstand significant extremes in temperature fluctuations in the working environment.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid PA State Issued Driver's License
- At least one year of prior experience in hotel or related field preferred.
- Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work
- Strong organizational skills required
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.