Food and Beverage
Provides attentive service to each assigned section by working diligently to ensure the environment is clean and well stocked. The Busser is also responsible for ensuring that the venue is compliant with the health codes at all times. The Busser will set and clean tables in addition to assisting with any and all tasks necessary. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Sets and resets tables according to standard before, during and after service.
- Welcomes all customers to the venue professionally and courteously, according to the established venue sequence of service.
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs and other team members when the opportunity arises.
- Communicates with management, and all other service staff to rectify any and all customer needs, comments or incidents.
- Cleans all spills immediately, notifying other staff members and using appropriate signage when necessary.
- Performs all opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Complies with all state and federal liquor laws.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment that is in compliance with the Health Department codes at all times.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe and/or RAMP certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.