Aquatics Administrative Supervisor
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
Responsible for the administrative functions of the water park such as scheduling, maintenance of all on-going documentation required for the water park, review of all documents for waterpark, on-boarding staff, liaison between aquatics and HR, and organizing events and programs which will focus on retaining staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling and organizing group process interviews
- Plans and schedules up to 200 lifeguards using WhentoWork Software scheduling system working within budget and occupancy.
- Assists in ordering essential supplies and equipment for the water park
- Leads the hiring process within aquatics ensuring department specific proper training and documentation on each employee
- Ensures strict compliance to Ellis and Associates documenting procedures and policies including filing of incident reports, rescue reports, and other information
- Participates in the water park manager on duty program as needed
- Leads sections of the water park on a daily basis ensuring rotation completion, fostering positive staff morale, and meeting safety and guest service standards.
- Creates and enforces policies, memos, and presentations relating to the operation at hand using Microsoft Office products.
- Practices management by walking around to ensure proper procedural practices and service guideline compliance in all aspects of the operation
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and handle high stress situations on a daily basis.
- Attend weekly staff meeting, and other meetings as assigned
- Work to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members
- Responsible for making sure all guest using the pool are wearing the proper wristband. Able to address guests in an appropriate manner, when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks departmental staff hours to ensure payroll is correct.
- Direct and coordinate various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- Maintain uniform inventory through ordering, purchasing, and distributing
- Attend staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
This job operates in an indoor water park. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employee will be exposed to humid and wet conditions, chemicals and fumes due to indoor pool facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Current Ellis and Associates Instructor License Preferred
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred.
- At least 1 year previous experience in a supervisory/management level role in Aquatics
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of the public at pools
- Knowledge of swimming pool sanitation
- Basic problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.