Entertainment Costume Character
Responsible to interact with our guests to ensure they have memorable experiences during their stay. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform as an animated character in a variety of costumes.
- Act as a guide/voice of the product character
- Provide a consistent "character" experience to all guests
- Entertain park guests in a professional manner. Ensure a positive experience for every guest.
- Perform at onsite as well as off-site promotional events
- Maintain character costumes including general cleaning and daily maintenance.
- Maintain and clean character areas.
- Ensure the safety of guests and other characters.
- Comply with all company guidelines as listed in the employee handbook.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds and must occasionally lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a related field preferred.
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.