Food and Beverage
Responsible for serving each and every customer efficiently, while also adhering to, established procedures for the preparation, service and close out of each transaction. Ensures that all work is done properly in absence of the Food and Beverage Manger.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assists with the training and scheduling of bar staff as needed while ensuring high standards of customer focus and cleanliness.
- Exhibits and executes a complete knowledge of the venue’s sequence of service and selling technique.
- Prepares all products according to established venue recipes, focusing on proper portion size control.
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Tracks and documents spillage, waste, and over pouring to maintain costs.
- Provide proper documentation for any alcohol related incident(s)
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment that is in compliance with the District health codes at all times.
- Subtly survey and evaluate guests to ensure no over consumption of alcohol.
- Correct Bartenders’ and Cabana Servers’ guest checks as needed to minimize voids
- Generate point of sales reports periodically throughout the shifts for reporting.
- Assure that beverage staff complies with all state and federal liquor laws.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, hear, and speak. This position is very active and requires continuous reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping and wiping. The employee must be able to manipulate fingers, hands, and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
The employee must frequently lift and move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant or bar.
- Knowledge of spirits, wine and beer as well as other products offered.
- Knowledge of standard bar equipment to include dish washer, slicers, coolers, ice machine, etc.
- Possess basic computer and POS system abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.