Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
Responsible to uphold the standards set forth by Jeff Ellis & Associates as well as Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark by ensuring the aquatic team is operating safely and promoting positive guest service. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee safety while in Water Park. This includes effective supervision, training, and demonstrations of a “think safe” attitude.
- Assist in overseeing the safety of guest in use of our facilities by being available and visible on the pool deck, preforming VAT training in accordance with Jeff Ellis and Associates, and consistent supervision of lifeguard staff.
- Provide feedback to lifeguard staff based on performance, coaching, and proper scanning techniques.
- Assist in maintain cleanliness of water park to keep it clean of any and all debris.
- Participate in contributing to guest satisfaction
- Be able to communicate with staff members and guest in all situations including but not limited to: disciplinary action, coaching, rule enforcement, and wristband standards.
- Assist in promoting a positive environment and maintain employee morale.
- Preform basic first aid on a regular basis with a confidant attitude.
- Assist with lost children
- Cleans swimming pools as needed
- Maintain professional image.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Perform the duties of a lifeguard upon request.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to swim the length of the pool in six (6) feet of water (and in the event of a potential drowning incident, rescue guest and return them to safety), and stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and/or frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ellis Lifeguard certification/license and/or ability to maintain it on an ongoing basis.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred.
- At least 1 year experience as a lifeguard
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of the public at pools
- Knowledge of swimming pool sanitation
- Basic problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong skimming skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.