Responsible for ensuring the room attendants have everything they need and keeping the guest floor hallways and stair landings clean and free of debris. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Empty soiled linen and trash from room attendants carts.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Obtain amenities and supplies for room attendants.
- Place soiled linen in laundry chute – ensure that linen is separate from terry.
- Stock and maintain guest floor closets in a neat and tidy fashion with adequate supplies for all room attendants on floor.
- Help receive all supplies ordered for resort and place in designated areas.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all guest requests.
- Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist floor care attendants with relocation of furniture.
- Keep passkey or master key secure and return to the Security Office at the end of every shift.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and associate safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a related position preferred.
- Must exhibit time management and attention to detail skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.