Responsible for the care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding lodge and outlying buildings.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
- In winter, shovel snow from walkways and sprinkle ice down to keep people from falling.
- Sweep walkway of debris.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- Install lawn furniture.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Picks up trash on regular schedule.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid PA State Issued Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- 6 months of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of fertilizer and outdoor pesticides
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance and turf equipment operations
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Use of hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.