Coffee Shop Barista Associate
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for maintaining outstanding guest service, generating sales, delivering food and beverages, and safeguarding company assets. Full and part time positions available. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a friendly and confidante environment
- Make eye contact with every guest. Greeting and acknowledging every guest enthusiastically.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the opening/closing schedules of all departments
- Assist guests in selection of the various food offerings and beverages.
- Provide a calm demeanor in all circumstances, even amid high volume periods.
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements including special packages and discounts.
- Follow the 4 steps to guest ordering.
- Promptly deliver guests order. Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Ring up sales and process payments.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Assist in machine maintenance and housekeeping. Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles food service equipment.
- Monitor and replenish stock (food, beverages, and supplies) from inventory.
- Inspect all product for flaws and keep a record of any damaged product.
- Keep in-stock inventory records current. Assist in weekly and monthly physical inventory.
- Communicate information/guest requests to manager as to create the “Third Place” environment during each shift.
- Keeps guest areas clean and organized. Meets and follows sanitation procedures and keeps all work areas clean.
- Demonstrate awareness of all health, sanitation, and safety regulations and assist in the enforcement of these regulations.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time, talk, have the ability to hear audible alarms, and voice commands with background noise, use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head, repeating motions more than twice per minute.
The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer and POS system
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.