Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for delivering food to guests in a friendly, professional & knowledgeable manner. Full and part time positions available. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pizza Runner ensures guests receive menu items once it is assembled for prompt service.
- Maintains clean trays at all times.
- Checks cleanliness from previous shift and notifies restaurant manager of any problems.
- Sets up, restocks and prepares for shift change and/or close.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all menu items.
- Ensures that all necessary condiments are available (packet Mustard, Mayonnaise to go condiments and bags etc.).
- Ensures that serving utensils are available and polishes as necessary.
- Ensures that clean towels available for wipe downs.
- Checks all orders carefully, and communicates with servers for any items out of the ordinary.
- Makes sure all orders are complete and look expectable for guests.
- Makes sure that side dishes are ready and complete with each order.
- Communicates with server and kitchen if something is not correct or missing from an order.
- Ensures all areas are wiped and cleaned upon closing.
- Removes any trash as necessary.
- Assists in side work such as polishing silverware.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.