PUMP & COMPRESSOR OPERATOR
In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, the Pump and Compressor Operator will support the Snowmaking Department in a variety of capacities, foremost of which is overseeing safe, reliable and efficient operation of pumps, and compressors used to make snow during snowmaking hours.
· Work closely with snowmaking crews to ensure safe delivery of air and water in a timely manner.
· Preflight, operate and monitor snowmaking air systems (Centac, rotary screw, and portable compressors)
· Preflight, charge and monitor snowmaking water systems (HP, LP, Maintenance Bldg, Big Pocono, Barneys).
· Ensure pumps and compressors work reliably within their recommended operating parameters.
· Responsible for accurately filling out logs, reports and other documentation associated with operation.
· Maintain a clean, organized and hazard free work environment.
· Comply with all departmental and company safety standards.
· Assist in parts and supply orders related to pumps and compressors
· Assist in repair and maintenance of pumps and compressors year-round
· Assist in miscellaneous welding needs of the snowmaking department.
· Assist in miscellaneous projects that may arise in snowmaking department.
· Problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Ability to work and get along well with others required.
· Knowledge of operation of equipment.
· Current, valid driver’s license required.
· CDL preferred, but not required.
· Welding and fabrication experience preferred, but not required.
Generally accountable for:
· Develop, perform and monitor safe work practices for the department.
· Schedule and attend technical seminars for the department as needed.
· Actively support all Company initiatives.
· Communicate effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain Resort team.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Mountain Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.