Responsible for the working with the Director of Engineering and Maintenance Manager to ensure a safe facility for all guests and co-workers by performing preventative maintenance programs, maintaining all equipment and ensuring all attractions are inspected in a professional manner though training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunction and needed repair
- Making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
- Inspects building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunction and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, etc.) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.).
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Performs pool and hot tub maintenance (e.g. water sampling, filter cleaning, minor plumbing repairs, cleaning pool and hot tub walkways and surfaces, etc.).
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Perform platform work up to and beyond 100 feet
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Certified Pool Operator License preferred
- HVAC License preferred
- PA Ride Inspector preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of pool chemicals uses and safety precautions
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Use of hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.