Food and Beverage
Responsible for overseeing the service in the Restaurants. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
- Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
- Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
- Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Assist in the restaurants when necessary.
- Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
- Ensure proper settlement of checks.
- Ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Ensure food quality.
- Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
- Handling guest complaints or special requests, communicate to management when necessary.
- Be capable of training and performing all duties required of all food and beverage outlet employees.
- Hold pre-meal meetings daily to monitor service and promote up selling.
- Check staffing levels and adjust according to business demand.
- Requisition linen as needed.
- Ensure property is free of trays and trash.
- Control payroll cost in restaurants.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or coursework in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required
- At least 1 year of previous supervisory responsibility preferred
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.