Interim Banquet Supervisor
Food and Beverage
Responsible for coordinating catered functions from origination to execution, including the delegation of duties in the absence of the Banquet and Convention Services Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Oversee all aspects of banquet and convention events
- Supervise banquet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram and any other documents pertaining to the Banquet Department
- Interact with guests to ensure their satisfaction and offer suggestions based on their specific needs.
- Ensure we are proving a safe environment.
- Trains and supervises the banquet team members and ensures an adequate number of team members for each event.
- Ensures food and beverage times are met throughout the event.
- Supervises clean up and breakdown.
- Inspects each function room to ensure proper setup prior to the guests entering.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or coursework in a related field
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food serving and safety
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.