Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for maintaining, cleaning and washing the all dining utensils in the venue and ensuring the venue is in compliance with all health codes. Full and part time positions available. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Clean and stock all dish rooms.
- Wash and polish all glassware and fruit trays
- Wash all dishware, silverware, and utensils.
- Wash and dry all trays and mesh.
- Empty, clean and stock all soda trays.
- Wash and clean all drains and stainless steel equipment in kitchen to include coolers, metro racks, and shelving.
- Sweep and mop floor in surrounding area and around the dish washer.
- Clean and wipe dishwasher and 3-compartment sink
- Verify correct chemical levels in dishwasher.
- Ensure all glass racks are off floor and stacked properly.
- Ensure all cleaning chemicals are properly stored beneath sink and that hand washing sink is stocked.
- Ensure work area is in compliance with the health codes at all times.
- Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds and manually push/pull objects up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food preparation and safety
- Basic math skills for adapting chemical quantities as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.