Valet Parking Attendant
Front Office & Guest Services
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, assisting with luggage and loading/unloading requests. Full and part time positions available. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcomes and greets all guests in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner, using the guests’ name when possible.
- Arranges for prompt parking and retrieving of vehicles of arriving and departing guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Opens vehicle doors, assists guests egressing their vehicles, and helps guests with luggage.
- Works closely with other valet attendants to ensure all guests are welcomed and greeted.
- Provides accurately filled out claim checks when receiving keys and explains to the guest how to re-claim their vehicle.
- Parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner in and from designated parking areas.
- Provides accurate and timely information to management regarding any damage to guests’ or company vehicles.
- Ensures that the drive is never blocked, requesting assistance from Security if needed.
- The ability to operate a variety of different vehicles in a safe and capable manner.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid PA State issued Driver’s License
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong people skills, ability to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.