Front Office & Guest Services
Responsible for all aspects of snow equipment or rentals placed in the storage area. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcomes and greets all guests in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner, using the guests’ name when possible.
- Arranges for prompt storage and retrieving of snow equipment of arriving and departing guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Transport of all guests’ equipment to and from porte-cochere and coordinate with the valet department to ensure proper service.
- Works closely with other ski valet attendants to ensure all guests are welcomed and greeted.
- Provides accurately filled out claim checks when receiving snow equipment and explains to the guest how to re-claim their equipment.
- Respond to any guest inquiries and request regarding mountain conditions, weather, ski trails, lift access points along with the available amenities for the Lodge
- Stores and retrieves guests’ equipment in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner.
- Provides accurate and timely information to management regarding any damage to guests’ equipment.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous hotel or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.