Responsible for supporting the Retail Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Retail Department. Supporting associate’s commitment and ability to provide outstanding guest service through training and example are further responsibilities of the position. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assign all scheduled associates in the proper work location. Ensures the appropriate level of floor cover is maintained at all times
- Assist with new hire training and retraining. Assist with weekly scheduling and hiring.
- Greet and welcome all guests.
- Process transactions for all purchases.
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable about and provides basic product information for guests and members.
- Assist the sales effort by providing information and communicating potential guest/member needs to retail manager.
- Handle all administrative functions including maintaining inventories, answering telephones, and processing of special orders, shipping requests and gift certificates.
- Ensure shop is prepared for proper opening and closing each day.
- Set up and ensure maintenance, cleanliness and orderliness of displays.
- Conduct inventories.
- Ensure inventory control and proper receiving of all merchandise.
- Assist in preparing amenity gifts as necessary.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Enforce all retail and hotel policies.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of experience in retail or a related field preferred
- Supervisory experience in retail or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer and POS system
- Strong organizational skills required
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.