Bell Desk Dispatcher
Front Office & Guest Services
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for answering guest phone calls and dispatching bell personnel to guest rooms in an orderly fashion. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greet all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, make them feel welcome and anticipate their needs before they arise.
- Answer and log phone request for bell service.
- Inform the guest as accurately as possible about potential wait times for service.
- Direct and assign bell staff, ensuring the fastest possible service to the guest.
- Store and retrieve luggage and other objects for guests.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean guest luggage store room.
- Be aware of daily hotel activities, group and VIP arrivals. Communicate special guest requests to the Guest Services Manager and/or Front Office Manager.
- Ensure the lobby, bell closet and work areas as well as departmental equipment are clean and presentable at all times.
- Communicate needs to the Guest Services Manager and/or Front Office Manager.
- Offer assistance to all guests and provide them with information requested and directions.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous hotel or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.