Responsible for the sorting, washing, drying, folding and storage of terry and linens. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Sorting linen and terry at the linen chute.
- Loading and unloading washers and dryers.
- Weighing linen.
- Operating the linen folder.
- Distributing linen to the Housekeeping closets.
- Keep passkey or master key secure and return to the Security Office at the end of every shift.
- Maintain an acceptable state of cleanliness and organization throughout the entire work area by sweeping, dusting and mopping.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a related position preferred.
- Must exhibit time management and attention to detail skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.