Food and Beverage
Responsible for the set-up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
- Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
- Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
- Notify management of any hazards.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in a hospitality setting preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for safe and effective job performance
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.