Security & Safety
Responsible for providing protection and communication with hotel guests and employees. He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of the Hotel’s rules and regulations. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Use proper radio etiquette at all times.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local, state and/or federal ordinances).
- Assist during medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security, guest complaints, etc.
- Investigate assault complaints.
- Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective liaison.
- Respond to altercations, and investigate.
- Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Check safety hazards.
- Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
- Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the hotel.
- Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of unauthorized persons and disturbances.
- Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other requests.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
This job operates in a hotel environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to humid conditions, chemicals and fumes due to the proximity to indoor pool facilities. The employee may also be regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to spend long hours moving around, walking, sitting, and standing while performing other duties including but not limited entering and exiting vehicles. Must be able to multitask, talk and listen simultaneously while guests are present in the lobby.
Ability to regularly lift objects up to 50lbs.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Valid PA State Issued Driver’s License
- 6 months of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to climb and descend stairways and run
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.