Security & Safety
Responsible for driving the van or shuttle as needed for guests and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for assisting with luggage. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive guests on assigned trips, while ensuring the safety of all passengers.
- Open vehicle and hotel doors and greet arriving and departing guests.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
- Provide information, maps, and directions as necessary.
- Maintain hotel van: gas, oil, cleanliness - interior and exterior; fill out daily van reports and report any malfunctions to management.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Notify security of accidents and complete appropriate documentation.
- Answer console to assist Guest Services Agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities.
- Assist Bell Staff as needed.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Valid PA State Issued Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- 6 months of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a 15 passenger van.
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.