Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
The Cashier Person will be responsible for serving food and beverages in a high volume capacity. The Cashier operates the POS systems, handles cash and credit card transactions. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply. Full and part time positions available.
Duties and responsibilities
- Takes food and drink orders from guests and customers in a timely fashion
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required and follows cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains a solid knowledge of products and services available in venue
- Cleans and stocks work area
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate guest and team members needs when the opportunity arises.
- Communicates with management, and service staff immediately to rectify any and all guest needs and requests.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment that is in compliance with the Health Department codes at all times.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 25 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Previous cash handling experience on a POS system preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.