Sales and Marketing
Responsible for managing the execution of all aspects of conferences and social groups to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing of events, room type allocation, rooming lists, amenities, function room set up and group mountain activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer customer inquiries and promoting property and services through phone calls, email and property tours
- Answer sales phone line, take detailed messages, and pass to appropriate Sales Manager
- Conduct pre and post conference meetings with clients, when needed
- Act directly with the guest or client during the stay of groups and events
- Create tentative invoices for groups, collect final payment and finalize folios.
- Review group banquet postings and mountain postings in hotel software (Visual One) on a daily basis
- All aspects of Aquatopia day groups and Aquatopia Exclusives including contracts, meal arrangements and billing.
- Utilize hotel software (Visual One) for creating Event Contracts and Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Work with the client to collect the necessary details and information to put on a successful event.
- Create Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) for client review and approval.
- Ensure Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments.
- Assist with weddings and special events, as needed.
- Attend weekly BEO meetings with appropriate departments.
- Coordinate any event changes with appropriate departments.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure the successful delivery of each event.
- Create group resumes and make sure all information is current and correct.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience in hotel event planning or related area with high school diploma or equivalent, or
- 3 years of experience in hotel event planning or related area with a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Hospitality.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.