Aquatics Manager - Ride Training and Guest Service
Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
JOB SUMMARY: The Aquatics Manager-Ride Training and Guest Service will be responsible for ride training and guest service for the water park. They will be tasked with leading ride training certification, maintaining appropriate training records, reviewing ride training documents and procedures, leading guest service training, conducting guest service audits, and conducting water park orientation training. The Aquatics Manager- Ride Training & Guest Service will report to the Director of Aquatics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Leads ride training certification training programs for unique rides including master blaster, manta combination raft ride, FlowRider and all other attractions.
• Periodically reviews ride training certification and makes recommendations for any changes
• Leads staff retaining efforts such as water park fun committee and conducts end of season employee satisfaction surveys
• Leads guest service training orientation program for all water park associates
• Oversees and conducts internal guest service audits and administers scores and evaluates overall performance
• Ensures ride operating documents are up to date and in compliance with ride manufacturer guidelines
• Assists or leads Ellis and Associates lifeguard training classes as necessary
• Leads in-service training as necessary
• Practices management by walking around to ensure proper procedural practices and service guideline compliance in all aspects of the operation
• Ability to respond to emergency situations and handle high stress situations on a daily basis.
• Attend weekly staff meeting, and other meetings as assigned.
• Work to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members
• Participates in the water park manager on duty program as needed
• Responsible for making sure all guest using the park are wearing the proper wristband. Able to address guests, in an appropriate manner, who are not wearing the proper wristband.
• Direct and coordinate various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
• Responsible for completing performance evaluations at employee’s 90 day and annual review period.
• Tracks lifejacket inventory and purchases as necessary
• Updates weekly NPS board to track guest satisfaction for entire Aquatics Department and is able to present information as needed to directors.
Manages and directly supervises subordinate supervisors and large number of associates in the Lifeguard Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have previous Aquatics Management experience. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating procedures/instructions. Proficiency in English language is required in order to effectively communicate with guests/associates. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and other documents, as needed. Can effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and guests at all levels.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Ellis and Associates Instructor License strongly preferred. CPO License strongly preferred. PA State Ride Inspector License strongly preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The
employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk
and stoop, kneel, crouch. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS: PPE as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.