Front Desk Manager
Front Office & Guest Services
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Director of Front Office Operations
Responsible for managing all aspects of the daily operations of the department including, but not limited to, operations, staffing, and payroll in accordance with the guidelines of the Director of Front Office and hotel policies and procedures.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the Trail Guides and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, and hotel policies and procedures. Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Monitor and enforce asset controls, such as cash, wristbands, etc., in accordance with established procedures. Maintain accurate logs.
- Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Be well-informed regarding the Guest Recovery program, ensuring adherence to the program by all staff members authorized to issue guest recovery adjustments.
Next Level Duties:
- Maximize revenue through the effective management of room inventory through checking arriving reservations, monitoring no-shows, and encouraging creative upselling whenever possible.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Ensure that the Front Office budget is adhered to, and that supplies for the Department are replenished in accordance with established par levels
- Coordinate daily activities with the hotel management team, and the Front Office staff in the form of a pre-shift meeting.
- Spend most of the shift on the desk ensuring a high level of guest service. Coach and counsel agents as needed.
- Be aware of the Fire and Emergency procedures, and the Front Office’s responsibilities in emergencies.
- Be aware of the Security policies and procedures of the Hotel, and ensure these policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in a related field preferred
- Previous hotel or customer service experience at a supervisory level required.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and perks. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.