Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, creating salads, and assisting put together entries based on menu order. Full and part time positions available. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Food preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees.
- Ensuring that food is properly stored.
- Learns and adheres to the designated cooking methods to assist in preparing the appropriate menu items consistently.
- Strives to learn to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food preparation and safety
- Basic cooking skills including knife handling
- Basic math skills for adapting recipe quantities as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.