Front Office & Guest Services
Responsible for posting room charges and taxes to guest accounts and verifying all account postings and balances made during the day. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Posts guest charge purchase transactions not posted by the front office cashier.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions.
- Explains resort products, service and other information about the resort as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of current resort events, activities, and hours of operation as well as dining options currently available.
- Provide guests with appropriate room assignments, wrist bands, directions to the rooms, while up-selling when appropriate.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit information.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Accurate accounting of cash bank assigned to each agent.
- Facilitate guest departures providing accurate statements and ensuring guest satisfaction and collecting all payments due.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets. This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred
- 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer
- Strong organizational skills required
- Mathematical skills in order to add, subtract, multiple, and divide
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.