Candy Shop Associate
Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for maintaining outstanding Guest service, generating sales, delivering candy and beverages, and safeguarding company assets within the Sweet Discovery Candy Shop. Full and part time positions available. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Employee must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, manages, and fellow employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests and members.
- Process transactions for all purchases.
- Be knowledgeable about and provides basic product information for guests and members.
- Assist the sales effort by providing information and communicating potential guest/member needs to retail manager.
- Handle all administrative functions including maintaining inventories, answering telephones, and processing of special orders, shipping requests and gift certificates.
- Receive, tag and place new merchandise on floor.
- Ensure shop is prepared for proper opening and closing each day.
- Assist in setting up and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of displays.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Assist in preparing amenity gifts as necessary.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time, talk, have the ability to hear audible alarms, and voice commands with background noise, use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head, repeating motions more than twice per minute.
The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer and POS system
- Basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.