Front Office & Guest Services
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Full and part time positions available. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Duties and responsibilities
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services and amenities (hours of outlets, pool, and exercise room, etc.). Inspect guest’s room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
- Explain features of the room including operation of radio, television, telephone, in-room movie system, etc.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Deliver flowers, laundry and packages to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
- Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Answer console to assist guest service agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong people skills, ability to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.