Food and Beverage
Provides attentive service to each customer bar by providing an environment that is clean and well stocked at all times. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain established bar stock levels by carrying cases of beverages from walk-in coolers to bar.
- Maintain supply of ice, glassware; drink garnishes, etc. for bars. Maintain cleanliness of bar areas and equipment
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Buffs, polishes and washes/cleans glassware to maintain a stock of glassware that is ready for service at all times.
- Works to anticipate the needs of the Bartender at all times, assisting them however necessary.
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs and assist other team members when the opportunity arises.
- Communicates with management, and service staff immediately to rectify any and all customer needs and requests or incidents.
- Removes all trash from bar area, following venue protocol for storage, handling and transportation of waste materials.
- Adheres to all established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complies with all state and federal liquor laws.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment that is in compliance with the Health Department codes at all times.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, hear, and speak. This position is very active and requires continuous reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping and wiping. The employee must be able to manipulate fingers, hands, and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
The employee must frequently lift and move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe and/or RAMP certification preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant or bar preferred.
- Knowledge of spirits, wine and beer as well as other products offered.
- Knowledge of standard bar equipment to include dish washer, slicers, coolers, ice machine, etc.
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.