Front Office Supervisor
Front Office & Guest Services
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner. Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in a related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of hotel or customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of area to assist in answering guest inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interact with guests from different backgrounds and age groups.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.