Outlet Manager - Concessions
Food and Beverage
Responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of one F&B outlet’s operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Duties and responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the outlet.
- Supervise outlet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss Prevention in the outlet.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Monitor quality of service in F&B outlet.
- Assist in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet (if applicable), including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Ensure the training of employees on SOP’s and technical job tasks.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Complete tip reporting.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or coursework in a related field
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food serving and safety
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.