JOB SUMMARY: The Retail Manager for Camelback Lodge is responsible for supporting and ensuring retail associate’s commitment and ability to provide outstanding guest service through training and example. Generating sales, merchandising, safeguarding company assets, and controlling inventory are further responsibilities required for this position. The Retail Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Manage and motivate sales associates, and develop associates according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all hiring of Retail Associates
- Develop and execute department specific training programs along with follow up programs.
- Prepare associates’ weekly work schedules to ensure appropriate levels of staffing while maintaining approved labor budgets.
- Ensure all associates are aware of opening and closing times of retail locations along with all other departments.
- Manage selling and guest service activities and staff competence to optimize and sustain sales performance, profitability and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that sales floor is always stocked, including sizing of apparel.
- Manage costs and inventory, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the retail shops.
- Process all damages, inventory transfers and charge outs to departments.
- Conduct yearly physical inventory along with continuous cycles counts of product.
- Communicate with and utilize support from suppliers as required.
- Manage, maintain, and report as necessary all merchandise and non-merchandise stock to manager.
- Report on a weekly basis to the Director of Operations & others, as necessary, an analysis of net operating income as a percentage of revenue, total wages as a percentage of revenue & total cost of goods sold as a percentage of revenue for the Retail Department.
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures, and merchandise.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems capabilities and ensure that staff is aware of emergency procedures and are prepared to assist guests accordingly.
- Manage and maintain effectiveness of IT and other essential in-store systems.
- Develop personal skills and capabilities and support those of associates.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shows leadership abilities and qualities.
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task.
- Proficient in basic math skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Proficient in time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, night and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or one to three years’ experience in retail or customer service; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year supervisory experience required.