Job Title: Groomer
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports To: Director of Mountain Operations
As a Groomer, you will oversee coordination of nightly grooming shifts.
- Responsible for going over Night Action Plan with the team.
- Ensures timelines are being met throughout the shift.
- Works with Snowmaking Night Supervisor and Snowmaking Team on tasks as needed.
- Has the ability to perform all functions in equipment as needed or in an emergency.
- Communicates with Grooming Supervisor regarding issues throughout the night as needed and makes sound judgement calls if no direction is given.
- Assists the Grooming Supervisor as needed.
Next Level Duties:
- Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Mountain Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Complying with all departmental and Company safety standards.
- Adhering to the daily Service Guidelines and Checklists.
- Using PPE as required and ensuring staff is using the proper PPE when performing work.
- Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
- Participating in the business planning process for the department and the resort.
- Assisting in benchmarking the competition and identifying the latest trends impacting Terrain Parks.
- Actively supports all Company initiatives.
- Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain Resort team.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work and get along well with others required.
- Excellent equipment operation skills required.
- Knowledge of Risk Management and OSHA standards preferred.
- Knowledge of snowmaking, trail building and other construction aspects.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
- Work will occur primarily in an outdoor environment where exposure to extreme temperatures should be expected.
- Working around and with heavy equipment is to be expected.
- Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as a flexible work schedule.
- During peak seasons, the schedule will require a work period greater than 40 hours per week including late or overnight shifts.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Mountain Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.