Pump & Compressor Operator
Job Title: Pump and Compressor Operator
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Mountain Operators Supervisor
The Pump and Compressor Operator will support the Snowmaking Department in a variety of capacities, foremost of which is overseeing safe, reliable and efficient operation of pumps, and compressors used to make snow during snowmaking hours.
- Work closely with snowmaking crews to ensure safe delivery of air and water in a timely manner.
- Preflight, operate and monitor snowmaking air systems (Centac, rotary screw, and portable compressors)
- Preflight, charge and monitor snowmaking water systems (HP, LP, Maintenance Bldg, Big Pocono, Barneys).
- Ensure pumps and compressors work reliably within their recommended operating parameters.
- Responsible for accurately filling out logs, reports and other documentation associated with operation.
- Maintain a clean, organized and hazard free work environment.
- Comply with all departmental and company safety standards.
- Assist in parts and supply orders related to pumps and compressors
- Assist in repair and maintenance of pumps and compressors year-round
- Assist in miscellaneous welding needs of the snowmaking department.
- Assist in miscellaneous projects that may arise in snowmaking department.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to work and get along well with others required.
- Knowledge of operation of equipment.
- Current, valid driver’s license required.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred, but not required.
Next Level Duties:
- Develop, perform and monitor safe work practices for the department.
- Schedule and attend technical seminars for the department as needed.
- Actively support all Company initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain Resort team.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
- Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
- During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.