Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage
Job Summary: In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, and under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage, the Food and Beverage Manager assists in the management of operations and staff, including the execution of all policies and procedures, programs, and systems while promoting ethical business practices in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The Food & Beverage Manager is a confident decision maker, highly experienced in customer service skills, employee management, business and financial management, employee motivation and engagement and communications.
1. Develop and adhere to all departmental Service Guidelines.
2. Ensure compliance with daily and seasonal Checklists.
3. Ensure food safety procedures are executed according to policy and health/sanitation regulations.
4. Complete job performance evaluations in a timely manner.
5. Assist in hiring, training, and retaining Employees.
6. Assist in all other Food and Beverage Department functions as required.
7. Be able to set-up and break down kitchens in a timely fashion before and after each season
8. Be able to prepare banquet food for few hundred guests
9. Help assist food and beverage stockroom manager in ordering menu items for the banquets
10. Be able to set-up and breakdown summer picnics
11. Set-up for multiple picnics during the day.
12. Culinary creativity and menu writing abilities
13. Ability to work in a fast paced, busy and maybe stressful environment
14. Good knowledge of food catering trends with a focus of quality, sanitation, and presentation
15. Scheduling of Department Navigators
· Ability to manage food, labor, material costs, and other controllable expenses required.
· Leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills required.
· Ability to work and get along well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required and also being very personable to the guests.
· Ability to communicate on various levels to include vendors, customers, and associates, and higher management
· Kitchen equipment to be operated, but not limited to, are flat top, gas grills, food smoker, convection ovens, pizza impinger, food steamer, slicer, fryers and knives.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental safety standards.
· Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Mountain as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhering to seasonal and daily Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the Company.
· Developing, performing and monitoring safe work practices for the department.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Mountain team.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme weather conditions in winter and summer to be expected.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk in extreme outdoor conditions required.
· Ability to lift, pull, and push up to fifty (50) pounds on occasional basis required.
· Weekend and holiday availability are required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Mountain at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.