Building & Maintenance Technician
Janitorial & Maintenance
Job Summary: In alignment with the resort’s vision, mission, organizational values, and under the direction of the Director of Facility Operations, the Building & Maintenance Technician will be responsible for general maintenance and/or minor repairs for the resort while maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for Guests and Employees.
1. Ensure all buildings have adequate heat, lighting and ventilation systems that are properly cleaned and in good working condition.
2. Assist with snow removal and salting/cindering of the resort.
3. Make recommendations for repairs and improvements to buildings, grounds and equipment.
4. Perform inspection rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals.
5. Complete all paperwork required accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Perform minor repairs and inspections of equipment according to maintenance schedule.
7. Perform general repairs such as painting, patching walls, hanging shelves, and landscaping according to the work schedule.
8. Assist the departments with office equipment and furniture moves.
9. Assist daily in all other Maintenance functions as required.
· Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
· Basic working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems required.
· Able to work well with others required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Current, valid driver’s license required.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) preferred.
· Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment used to clean buildings and grounds preferred.
· Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety rules and regulations preferred.
Generally accountable for:
· Complying with all Company and departmental safety standards.
· Complying with Company and departmental dress code.
· Adhering to the Customer Service Standards of Camelback Resort as well as all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhering to seasonal and daily Service Guidelines and Checklists.
· Communicating effectively with all members of the Camelback Resort team.
· Participating in the business planning process for the department and the resort.
· Actively supporting all Company initiatives.
Work Conditions and Schedule:
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather should be expected as work will, on occasion, occur outdoors.
· Weekend and holiday availability is required as well as flexibility with work schedule.
· During peak seasons, the schedule may require a work week schedule over 40 hours per week, including nights.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.