Retail Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager of Retail shall motivate and coordinate daily retail store operations in a professional, courteous and service-driven manner. Create a selling culture by training and leading store staff to financial success. Lead by example enforcing the following: our mission of 4 keys to creating guests for life, suggestive up-selling techniques, in depth product knowledge, inventory management and teamwork. Recognize and act on retail-related trends and assume financial and operational responsibility for your outlet
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Train, motivate and lead Sales Associates to achieve monthly sales and service goals. Achieve or exceed SPH goals and monthly budget goals by establishing daily goals and training staff to increase average transaction.
2. Implement selling and product training techniques for all Sales Associates in order to achieve sales objectives. Implement contests or sales incentives on a monthly basis and recognize top performers. Promote cross marketing with Del stores
3. Supervise all aspects of inventory in store and stockroom. Develop staff in merchandise presentation of sales floor, in-store product knowledge, and merchandise replenishment. Insure care and handling of merchandise to protect cost of sales and reduce shrinkage. Maintain sales floor and stockroom in clean, orderly fashion at all times. Complete requests for maintenance as needed.
4. Prepare, monitor and turn in all required paperwork in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
5. Responsible for writing and monitoring accurate weekly schedules for all Sales Associates based on hours per week labor payroll projections. Utilize variable staffing standards to maximize profit.
6. Supervise daily and weekly tasks and work assignments for each Sales Associate based on areas of pride, inventories, movement of product, deliveries, product displays, customer orders, back stock, and paperwork including request for tickets and mark out of stocks.
7. Review and understand product mix and best selling item reports. Communicate results through a buyers report on a weekly basis. Recap selling successes at end of month.
8. Partner with buying team to create and maintain adequate inventory levels for each season. Communication on all out-of-stock items to be discussed with buyer and Merchandise Manager – Selling.
9. Develop awareness of loss prevention and shrinkage in all stores. Prepare for and participate in Inventory for your store.
10. Assist Merchandise Manager - Operations in recruiting and hiring new staff members. Take an active role in the interview process, training process, 90 day and yearly performance evaluations of staff.
As a Camelback Resort employee, you are entitled to incredible perks such as: Free Camelback Skiing & Aquatopia tickets, discounts for family & friends and free access to over 15 area amusement parks and attractions, not to mention, generous employee benefits depending on your employment status to include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, vacation time, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k and much more!
For consideration interested candidates are asked to complete an online application at: www.camelbackcooljobs.com
Camelback Resort is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free employer.
Job Type: Full-time