Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the physical maintenance and operations of buildings, water parks, utilities and engineering systems. Assists with planning and execution of building construction or renovation. Will be responsible for ensuring a safe facility for all Guests and Staff by developing preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes goals and objectives for facilities and maintenance and operations. Provides guidance to the Leaders of Maintenance, Electrical/HVAC, Custodial, Water Park, and Grounds. Personally, plans, directs and coordinates capital projects.
- Participates with administrators in developing short-and-long range facilities plans. Directs and evaluates growth, office and public space needs. Develops proposals for space and site planning, optimizing use of existing resources.
- Participates in discussions and planning for construction and renovation projects. Directs and participates in data gathering, coordinates architecture and construction management proposals, bids and projects, and develops management information and control processes to evaluate work-in-progress.
- Monitors new and remodel construction programs including inspection of work-in-progress for major construction projects - including planning, design, oversight, and inspection of small construction and remodel projects.
- Meets with staff and outside contractors to review work-in-progress, identifying and resolving problems as they occur.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- The position requires professional knowledge of the operational characteristics, services and activities of construction management and facilities maintenance
- Requires working knowledge of the technical principles and practices of structural, mechanical, and engineering design and specifications.
- Requires a working knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations affecting structural integrity of and access to facilities
- Requires knowledge of the principles of leadership, training, and performance evaluation
- Requires advanced math skills to perform forecasting and statistical/numerical analysis
- Requires working knowledge and skill with Microsoft office, to include word, excel, and power poin
- 5yr experience or greater in Facilities Management or like trades with leadership role
- Willingness to participate in certification programs for necessary job duties.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.